1. Data controller
Skantze Konsult och Ledarskap AB, registration number 556617-4255, with address Herman Ygbergs väg 18, 115 31 Stockholm, Sweden and e-mail address info@PickyEating.se (“PickyEating” or “we”), is the controller of the processing of your personal data.
2. What personal data do we process?
- To use the Service you are required to complete a registration process to create an account with PickyEating.
- When you register for the Service, we collect personal data from you, such as your email address, telephone number, first and last name, date of birth, age, gender, country of residence, food preferences and allergies as well as device identifier, i.e. information on what device, IP-address etc. you use to register and log on to the Service.
- When you continue using the Service, you regularly upload personal data onto your account such as scanning history.
- In an ongoing effort to improve our Service, additional personal data may be collected from you. In such cases, we will notify you when the personal data collection takes place.
3. What are the purposes of and lawful basis for processing your personal data?
3.1 Provision of the Service
- As you continue to use the Service, you will regularly provide PickyEating with personal data. It follows from the nature of the Service that we must process such data that you scan and upload to the Service to enable the Service, e.g. we will process your reports back to the food suppliers. This processing is necessary for us to offer a better Service to you.
- If you connect to the Service using a third party application (e.g. Facebook) PickyEating will collect and use your personal data from such third party applications such as your username, name, profile picture, country, hometown, email address, date of birth, gender as well as such data that you choose to synchronize with PickyEating’s Service.
- Some of the personal data mentioned above and processed by PickyEating for certain features of the Service, is possible for us to delete and cease processing for the future if you so require, without you having to terminate your use of the entire Service. See clause 9 below for further details.
- For the purpose of providing the Service to you, we process your personal data based on the performance of our contract. In addition, we process your personal data regarding allergies based on your consent (as provided upon creating your user account).
3.2 Profiling to provide you with the most relevant features of the Service and improve the Service
- The Service is based on a profound knowledge of digital data supplied from food producers. PickyEating analyses the usage of the Service, in order to provide you with the most relevant features of the Service as possible with regard to your personal objectives. In analysing the usage of the Service, PickyEating will process certain personal data for so-called profiling. Profiling means processing of your and other users’ personal data to analyse or predict aspects of your use of the Service. The personal data processed will be user habits where we will track actions taken by you. The purposes of the profiling is to monitor how engaged users are in different features of our Service, find out ways to make the Service more effective (fit for purpose) and vary the features or content to better match your individual usage patterns and preferences.
- For the purpose of providing you with the most relevant features of our Service, we process your personal data, as described above, based on performance of our contract. For the purpose of improving our Service, we process your personal data based on our legitimate interest to improve our Service including providing a better Service to you.
- We also use profiling for the purpose of direct marketing as described in clauses 6 and 3.7 below.
3.3 Customer support
For the purpose of customer support, we process your personal data based on a balance of interest between yours and our legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest of processing your personal data is to be able to provide you with assistance and to improve customer satisfaction.
For the purpose of statistics, which we sell to food providers and food suppliers, we process your personal data based on a balance of interest between yours and our legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest of processing your personal data is our commercial interest of financing the Service.
3.5 Detection and prevention of misuse of the Service
For the purpose of detecting and preventing misuse of the Service, we process your personal data based on a balance of interest between yours and our legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest of processing your personal data is to be able to detect and prevent misuse of the Service and customer satisfaction.
3.6 Marketing towards you
- Profiling (as described above in clause 2) will be used to enable personalized and relevant offers to you based on your preferences.
- PickyEating or PickyEating’s selected business partners (mainly food producers and food suppliers) will send you offers via emails, notifications, or other messages unless you opt-out as set out in clause below.
- You will only receive marketing from PickyEating or our selected business partners (or service providers acting on behalf of either of us) and no personal data will be transferred to other third parties for their own marketing activities.
- For the purpose of direct marketing towards you, we process your personal data, which you provide to us when registering and using our Service, based on a balance of interest between yours and our legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is our commercial interest of providing customized marketing to you as a customer. We have also taken into account if you, when you register for our Service, have given your consent to receive direct marketing and the possibility to, at any time, opt-out.
- If you do not want PickyEating to use your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, you may at any time opt-out from receiving any further messages by clicking the ”unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such a message, or by using such opt-out features as are available in the app settings in the Service.
3.7 Marketing towards others
- The results of profiling of your personal data can also be used as the basis for marketing towards other new potential users on other platforms such as other social media platforms. Please note that this so-called “look-a-like-process” of recruiting new users does not mean that you will receive any marketing information. Nor does it mean that any third parties will gain access to your personal data for any other purpose than for PickyEating to reach new users. Hence, third party providers (for example social media) will only process your data on behalf of PickyEating in its role as processors.
- For the purpose of marketing the Service towards others, we process your personal data that you provide to us when registering and using our Service based on a balance of interest between yours and our legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is our commercial interest of marketing the Service.
- A cookie is a small text file, which is created by the websites you visit and may contain information about you as a visitor, i.e. personal data.
4. How do we share your personal data?
- We share your personal data with our service providers such as server hosting providers, data storage providers, companies carrying out system and sales performance monitoring, customer support systems- and payment service providers. Our service providers processes personal data on behalf of us, as data processors. In no event do we transfer personal data to service providers with the right for such parties to use the data other than on behalf of PickyEating.
- We may further disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, if we reasonably believe that law requires this, or in order to protect and defend PickyEating, our business partners or users’ rights and interests, subject always to relevant applicable personal data regulation.
- We, as well as our service providers, only process your personal data within the EU/EES.
5. How long will we store your personal data?
- As general rule, we store your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the personal data was collected.
- We will process your personal data during the time your user account is active. However, we always erase your personal data if you cancel your user account or ask us to delete certain data. We will also erase your user account including your personal data after one year of inactivity. However, we may continue using anonymised/aggregated data for statistical purposes, i.e. data that is kept in a form that no longer permits identification of you.
- In addition, if you withdraw all or part of a given consent to the processing of personal data when the lawful basis for the processing is your consent, we will stop our processing of such data.
- Please note that it is not possible to use the Service if PickyEating is not allowed to process personal data regarding allergies or food preferences, see clause 3 below.
- Your personal data may be stored longer than as set out above, to the extent we are required to do so by law, regulation or decisions made by authorities.
6. How do we protect your personal data?
- The security and integrity of your personal data are important to us. In addition to complying with applicable relevant personal data regulation, we use accepted industry standards, technologies, and procedures, such as firewalls, security software, etc., in order to protect the integrity of your personal data and to prevent any unauthorized access. However, no system can be 100% secure, and despite our efforts, there is always a risk of unauthorized access to your personal data. By using our Service, you assume this risk.
- We also urge you to use a unique and strong password to your user account on the PickyEating Service as well as to protect such password. You should further limit access to your computer and browser and log out after having used the PickyEating’s Service.
9. Your rights
- You have a right to obtain information from us regarding the personal data that we process about you and a right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- You also have a right, under certain conditions, to request the erasure or restriction of personal data concerning you or to object to our processing. Additionally, you have the right under certain conditions to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to PickyEating, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another data controller (data portability).
- If a request for rectification, erasure or restriction of personal data concerns data that is necessary for PickyEating to offer the Service, such a request will have the effect that your account will be cancelled by PickyEating.
- If you have any complaints regarding our processing of your personal data, you have a right to file a complaint to the Swedish Data Protection Authority or other competent supervisory authority monitoring companies processing of personal data.
10. Contact us
- We will communicate with you by email and notices posted on your mobile device. If you do not wish to receive notices on your mobile device, you can always turn off this service. Please be aware that if you unsubscribe from our mailing list you will still be receiving answers to your questions sent to our support but you will not be receiving promotional emails.
- We welcome your feedback regarding our Service. If you wish to exercise your rights as above or if you have any questions or complaints about our processing of your personal data, you are welcome to contact us at info@PickyEating.se.
Last updated on 2021-11-05.